In the Civil/Mechanical Engineering major (CMET) at the Middlesex County Academy, many hands-on activities, such as product analysis, run in parallel with learning about manufacturing processes, nanotechnology, and more.
- Freshman Year: Engineering Design overview, Drafting, Manufacturing Process, Project Scheduling, Nanotechnology, CAD
- Sophomore Year: Vectors, Statics, Simple Machines, Thermodynamics, CAD
- Junior Year: Stress/Strain, Beam Theory, Column Analysis, Mechanics/Machine Design, Electricity Basics, Alternative Energy, Stats, CAD
- Senior Year: Senior Project, CAD
Some special assignments:
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD): Creation of various 3D part and product models on the computer with Autodesk Inventor.
- Product Analysis: Week-long project involving breaking apart a product into its components and parts, analyzing its functions, and completing poster presentations and a written report.
- Learning Centers: Different manufacturing processes are analyzed by completing real hands-on industrial processes such as thermoforming, spring winding, and plastic extrusion molding.
Want to know more? Feel free to Ask a Student!